Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ed, Kurt, and the Shop

Ed, Kurt, and the Shop
June 24, 2015 08:27PM
I've been filling the remainder of a ledger order, filling the order to ship Kurt's Outrider, and making sure the Shop is prepared on .308" ledger guns

image.jpg

Ed's 308 casting mold, False Muzzle Loading kit, and .3085" Sizing Die and Ram

image.jpg

Close-up on Loading Kit and Sizing Die/Ram

image.jpg

Kurt's 50 Cal. (Three different design/weight Mold) and .496" sizing Die Set.

image.jpg

Close on Die Set

image.jpg

The Shop's Master 308 Mold of 4 Different Designs. If someone would like that one, its $10k. I'm endlessly remaking shop molds ... Haha. In order to test I have to crawl around under the benches to find lost slugs or make another mold and die set cause I sold mine. Duh.

Ok .... That's a bunch of work there, for customers.

take a bow

Gary
June 25, 2015 03:57AM
That's some really fine looking work Gary. It's hard to temper the excitement I have to be almost ready for some serious shooting with some great equipment that you fashioned. The work you did is going to be enjoyed and admired. Thanks for the update
June 26, 2015 02:33AM
Looking great Gary!

I am sure Kurt will show us some groups when he can.

Pedro
June 26, 2015 04:49AM
Hi Pedro,

I hear that Kurt is taking a month off to just shoot and post stuff once his Outrider arrives. whistling

Should be great. haha.

Thanks much, for posting.
Gary
June 26, 2015 03:51PM
Hahaha
I only get a month off if I get injuried! I still have to mount up on all the PCP stuff . You remember I'm a pump/ CO2 / springer guy . I have never had a PCP, big bore , thumb hole airgun . Oh YA a scope too . There is a lot of learning and buying that will hafta happen first but that's the fun part . Just when I thought I knew it all , there's a new experience for me to enjoy .

Thanks
Kurt
June 26, 2015 10:39PM
Gary,

I checked with the boys and they just can swing the price for the .308 master!
June 27, 2015 02:25AM
Ah NUTZ!!!!

I can't have ANYTHING nice ...... More sad

winking smiley
June 29, 2015 07:30PM
I was taking a closer look at sizing dies for .308 compared to .50 !
Wow sure is a glob of lead to come out of that .50 Outrider . That's going to do some damage for sure

Thanks
Kurt
June 29, 2015 07:55PM
Hi Kurt,

Your big 50 slug is just a shave under 400 grains. A good full slug with less tin would easily be 400. That's what Scott used in his Outrider to shoot THRU his deer at 70 yards. surprised
June 29, 2015 07:59PM
Sorry - been one thing after another to keep me from testing. It was a degree cooler this morning. I trimmed some - range area too ... Got really beat down and shaky. Too dumb to quit when I should have. Let me catch up. Did the shower/Gatorade thingie. Give me a couple if hours in the A/C to finish something and regroup.

Gary
June 29, 2015 09:52PM
Yowza ! That's like almost an ounce of lead . Cool beans and not a lick of gunpowder involved in launch system.

Thanks
Kurt
June 29, 2015 09:55PM
"thumb-hole airgun" , that's a good one Kurt! smiling smiley

Just try not to put any holes in your thumb with it, it'd take it clean off, no doubt. surprisedinjured
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021