The Perfect Knife! Completed Pics. artist
July 31, 2015 01:00AM
This fine Model 97 Barnes Folder turned out sooooooo nice. It just functions perfectly. Love the dyed natural bone scales. Brass frame and bolsters. Stainless Tool Steel Blade (showing Hamon). Feels great in the hand. I'm really proud of this knife. The serial number, date, and signature are engraved on the inner liners. Button lock Barnes Mechanism. Locks open and closed. Glides open and closed soooo nice - fast flip or slow oohooozzz. winking smiley
Enjoy the pics. This one is sold. Julio was kind enough to let some other work step ahead. Thank you my friend. I made it extra nice.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 03:19AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sal
Re: The Perfect Knife! Completed Pics. artist
July 31, 2015 11:05AM
Very nice Gary! You sure have been pumping out the work, it's impressive.
July 31, 2015 02:33PM
Thank you Sal,
I appreciate that you notice, and take the time to comment. I've been working and sleeping. I don't think I've started my old truck in six weeks.
Your encouragement is welcome.
Gary
July 31, 2015 12:03PM
Wow Gary this one looks awesome! My experience has always been that the wait its worth and at the end I have received much more than I expected. Thanks.
July 31, 2015 02:41PM
Hi Julio,

So glad you like it. It really is just beautiful. Works perfect. I want it.

Hey ... we can just eliminate the part where you buy my personal knife off my belt. Haha. Here's one I want, and you already own it. Haha.

Take Care My Friend,
Gary
July 31, 2015 04:34PM
WOW, very impressive! Looks incredible I must saw.

Julio will enjoy it for the next hundred years plus!
July 31, 2015 04:48PM
Very Nice Gary! I can't think of a nicer person to own it than Julio. I can't wait to get my own!
August 01, 2015 05:57AM
Hello Jeff,

Yours is packed. Julio's is packed. Some jewelry is packed. We had it all in the car to go to the bank and Post Office. In the mean time, we got roped into Smart Phone hell at a phone store. The remainder of the day is a fog of questions, details, absorbing, decisions, spending, cables, Syncing, Research, Realizing I may need to update my sneakers before anything else will work in my life. We apologize. We shall conquer all. What a zoo.

Wasn't it all soooo simple before? I forget ... before what?

Gary
August 01, 2015 01:32PM
Hey Gary,

Wow, that is good news. I can hardly wait for Christmas in August!

Yes it was simpler, or my brain has atrophied more and I simply remember it that way. If you were important enough you would need/have a pager, and if not you would check your 'machine' when you got home. I think I liked it better and I think less people died on the highway from 'distracted drivers!'

I keep threatening my family that I am going back to that, but because I live alone hundreds of miles from any of them they keep convincing me that I need the daggone mobile phone - for 'their' peace of mind. We just don't think the way we used to anymore. I will acquiesce to the phone, but I have no use or desire for mobile computing and see too many security issues with those devices. More everyday, I believe.

It really does take a day to recover from the phone store experience, and then days or weeks to learn the new device. Er! Well good luck with it all and I hope you are successful... I have to go change my sneakers now!
Later,
Jeff
August 02, 2015 03:25AM
Hi Jeff,
You can't go back. Just hope there are good things ahead. I realize you have to forget most of what you know in order to relax a bit. It's just really hard to enjoy the ride when you know the lug nuts are loose! I know you are also of that type. I live with my tool belt on. Less and less a person can do though. My best attitude is when I'm deep in the work. Work that requires concentration beyond the basic stuff.
thumbs up
Gary
August 02, 2015 01:30AM
Gary:

Beautiful knife! Julio is one lucky guy.

Karl
August 02, 2015 08:30AM
Amen Gary, amen! You are so right. Hang in there.
August 04, 2015 10:29PM
Love it, everyone will!
August 10, 2015 02:34AM
Hi Gary, sorry for the delay. The knife arrived on Friday and I didn't found a break to post. It's beautiful, gorgeous, awesome and all the other words that you can figure out to describe a perfect knife. So precise and soft when opening or closing. The bone scales look outstanding. Thanks again for a job well done. This one will go to the collection, because it's so beautiful that I'm afraid to damage it .

julio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021