Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What is it????

What is it????
December 15, 2015 08:57PM
Can anyone guess what this is going to be?? I'll show you later on, when it's finished!
image.jpeg
December 15, 2015 09:47PM
Kelly
Is Gary off his meds again? That's a nexus of ectoplasm in its early stages .( before the atom splits)

Thanks
Kurt
December 15, 2015 11:16PM
That's funny as heck Kurt! Haha. Good one!

You're Right! Can't believe you got it!!! You must have rea..... wait ..... no .... that's not it. You had me going there ....,
December 15, 2015 11:20PM
It certainly is a confusing looking napkin holder! But, we must keep the employee's lounge neat and tidy ...,

Ok. A hint. It's not for kids.

Back in a bit. Making it functional ....

Gary
December 15, 2015 09:51PM
No idea.what was that
December 15, 2015 11:07PM
It's the new Barnes high-tec backpackers bench rest table for shooting in the field!
I know for sure...
Maybe.
Later,
Jeff
December 15, 2015 11:17PM
Ok
I looked again and my real guess is Santa' sleigh ! And Gary needs more orange duct tape . But IF Jeff is right about shooting bench , I'd like one in green .

Thanks
Kurt
December 15, 2015 11:23PM
Kurt ....

Really!!! So you want one in a different color!!!

why me

Ok. Another hint. Not an ornament. Something I should use for years ....

Gary
December 16, 2015 12:45AM
The new automatic parts transport system for the shop.
I know I got it this time, cuz Kurts' correct! For the field it should be green.
I think...
Jeff
December 16, 2015 01:21AM
Farnsworth Fuzor Spherical Plasma Generator Assembly

Having tired of high electric bills, Gary is working towards a cold fusion generator for the shop.

Seem to have misplaced my mad scientist emoticon, guess I'll have to use this one instead assimilate
Sal
December 16, 2015 01:48AM
Gosh no one makes flux capacitors anymore? Gary is working on time travel so he can go have a quick chat with his younger self.
December 16, 2015 03:15AM
Ok ..... All Excellent guesses!!!

No Cold Fussion. Hot Fisson is the way to go!!!!

Well, they won't let me do that .... so .... I have built a Positive Pressure Dust Helmet. Yes - I look absolutely ridiculous!!! However; I shall look ridiculous .... LONGER!

image.jpeg

Note the hose down the back. That's the input of cool air flow. Said flow floods the helmet, up over the back and top of my head .... then the laminar flow carries it down against the face mask .... and it exits around the chest and shoulders. No filter required. With a positive flow of air, no dust and grit can enter the helmet. There's plenty of room - nothing seems tight. It sits on my shoulders. I probably will provide a counterweight for it, even though it's not heavy.

Why? Because I can't stand the miserable cartridge filters. The straps. The fogged glasses. The humid breath making the beard wet and lips sore. When I make dies, I will sit here for DAYS and carve. This will make it just sitting there - looking absurd - and breathing cool clean air. The glass doesn't fog - the air flow keeps it clean.

image.jpeg

The dust and grit are quite harmful to your lungs. I've tried to be responsible. It's always a fight and miserable. I've used this this evening. I think it will work. There's no adjustment required. I designed it so that position and focal planes are what I'm used to.

"Breathe On!!"

Gary
December 16, 2015 04:03AM
Well that is really a great idea! I would never have guessed that it would be a hood. Thought perhaps a toy for grandkids. Hey, you could "steampunk" the hood assembly, be the envy of all the punks!

I am sure having the airflow will help a lot!

Pedro
Sal
December 16, 2015 03:41AM
Would you believe my first thought was a hood of some kind, but I thought no way that's just some crazy space suit I must have Star Wars on the brain....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 03:42AM by Sal.
December 16, 2015 03:53AM
You must let the Force Guide you, Sal .... bowing -- Far East
December 16, 2015 09:47AM
Hey
That's a great idea . You had me goin . It has a big view window and the white apron in front will really reflect light well too !
We have been using positive air flow welding hoods for quite a few years and the guys really like them . You used to have to be fit tested for a respirator and be clean shaven . Now they have battery belt packs for them .Miller even make one with a micro battery pack and comes with 2 batteries . It looks just like a normal welding hood . What a great design you have to setting on your shoulders . It shou bring you hours of comfort while doing your die grinding .
Thanks for sharing

Thanks
Kurt
December 16, 2015 10:09AM
Wow Gary, who'd a thunk it. Like Kurt said too, I never knew such a thing existed although it makes great sense!
Enjoy,
Jeff
December 16, 2015 11:12AM
Nice!! Turning nothing in to something vary usefull...I tig weld for about 80% of my work day most the time with stellite welding rod, probably not the greatest stuff to breath haha. I Like the idea of the positive air flow mask Kurt is talking about, wish are company would by one...looks like your hood will work great tho! Gotta love some fresh air.

Matt
December 16, 2015 12:20PM
Hey Matt
I used to TIG / heliarc cash registers together . ( believe it or not ) they were galv sheets of 20 gage with rubber sandwiched in between them with glue . The rubber insulated from noise when using the final product , but when you welded it it would burn and contaminate the weld . But ... Talk about stink ! I sat inside a smog hog which helped all the guys around me but still breathed a lot of of nasty crap . The Miller brand is a good investment in your young lungs ! Plus you know Santa clause is coming to town !
Have you been naughty or nice ????The Reaper

Thanks
Kurt
December 16, 2015 03:52PM
Hi Kurt,

Welding Galvanized sheet in contact with rubber and glue!!!!! OMG, if they forced terrorists to do that, it'd be a War Crime!!!!! You deserve a nice toy for having done that! Glad you survived that one.

Gary
December 16, 2015 03:54PM
Hi Guys,
I'm glad you appreciate the reasoning. You are some good Buds. Thanks.
Gary
December 16, 2015 04:00PM
Gary
That was back in th 70's !
Things were safer back then you remember !bullhorn

Thanks
Kurt
December 16, 2015 04:03PM
Kurt,
Yeah could imagine welding galvanized steel with glue on it, nooo fun, or die grinding, sanding etc...I've got a small table hood that's hooked up to the blower for are surface grinders it works some what okay could be better tho..I'll have to check out the miller brand helmets, thanks for the info..

Matt
December 16, 2015 08:08PM
Hey Matt
It's really just a head gear $180 but they suppose to only fit in Miller helmet . Run time is 8 hrs and they only come with one rechargeable battery and charger . The filter and battery is on the back where you tighten on head . The guys really like it . The other ones are pretty big and clunky . They have a belt pack and hose and when we got hot we'd unhook the hose at helmet and stick down our shirt for a good cool breeze.

Thanks
Kurt
image.jpg
image.jpg
December 17, 2015 02:06PM
Kurt
Thanks for the pictures! 180$ is not too bad, seen the ones with the hose are much more expensive..thanks again

Matt
December 20, 2015 04:42AM
I think it should be called Garys Moon Suit (cue music from 2001 Space Odyssey here)
December 20, 2015 05:35AM
Hi Rotor,

Actually, it's quite comfortable. I forget I'm in there ... or .... it's out there .... or something. Works well. I do hear the muffled fan, and the isolation makes it difficult to hear speech or the radio. I'll have to pipe it in.

The whole thing borders on the absurd, but; I come out of there clean as a whistle and haven't accumulated "dark edges" all around my mask. My beard would be five to eight shades darker with a line where the mask cut across. So; beard was acting as a lower filter. Dirt around the top of my nose. Dirty glasses. Now all's clean. The question is - am I in time. I just have a hideous cough/congestion then that yields a weak voice and fatigue. They told me I was developing Pneumonia. Gave me heavy shots of DDT and ROUNDUP. Along with a $371 inhailer made in Germany. (The counter is rigged to make the "actual" 150 doses register as 200 doses). thumbs up

Ok. Hopefully the new markets we are pursuing will mature. I'll make more die subjects relative to the new dealer's clients. I'll need the clean air. I'm trying to work this all out. It's the typical Catch 22. "People want to see Gun work. They don't want no "stinking" pocket knives, cases, cuffs, jewelry. So; they're determined to not spend a dime until I make only guns .... forces me to make even less guns. (Because not only do I have to generate income, but now I have to also generate new people and new markets - from which to generate the income). From the several hundred members of the forum, and the ledger, there's what ... 15 who repeatedly purchase the odd available completed object. Is it the quality? Look at the pictures. Think about any of your favorite master craftsmen, who put my meager work to shame. If they drop a handmade button lock folding knife on the table, does it last? If they make an engraved pocket case, would anybody buy it? Here, 42 years in the bag. ABS Master Bladesmith Certification from 1983, and 15 people rotate and purchase. The rest are evidently deciding if $40 - $75, split up over multiple payments, is a lot of money. No; I need these pictures in front of new markets. And, it takes time and effort. So; I have to do it. And, my continued thanks and appreciation to the "fab 15" who have collected unique items here. Please always feel free to tell the brutal truth about what you found when you opened the boxes which Kelly packed and shipped.

Ok. It's been Sunday for half an hour already. Enjoy your day and stay safe,
Best,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 01:26PM by barnespneumatic.
December 21, 2015 01:08AM
Gary,
I love the new hood! Promise that you'll use it answering the door next Halloween!
December 21, 2015 02:50AM
Great idea Jerry!

Any salesmen or visitors, for sure!!! Haha.

I've been wearing it around the house. I keep telling Kelly, in my Barry White voice .... "I am your Hubby, Kel". laughing. Ah yes, I never get tired of it .... oddly, she does .... More coffee

Gary
December 25, 2015 03:42AM
Gary,

The ideas for your new hood for salesmen and other door knockers is great. If they ask to see the "man of the house" just have Kelly lead you to the door wearing the hood and dragging the hose as you walk slowly to the door. I agree it should turn off the best salesman.

Great job on the design and there are several company's with small wireless speakers that would fit in there. Batts that can be charged would last hours. Just a thought. If you go wired could you run small wires through the air hose?

Hey it is Christmas day in the Philippines and I am stuck in a dorm room on a college all alone. I really know how to party.. NOT.

Merry Christmas to all.

Larry
December 21, 2015 03:13AM
Doesn't she know the force is strong in you? more innocent
December 21, 2015 04:42PM
"oddly, she does"laughing you crack me up!

Ever think of what a weird phrase that is? Try to translate it to another language and it's totally lost.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021