Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NOW SOLD take a bow RENDEZVOUS TRADE KNIFE

NOW SOLD take a bow RENDEZVOUS TRADE KNIFE
January 08, 2017 04:45AM
Barnes RENDEZVOUS TRADE KNIFE. Approx. 3" blade. 6 1/4" overall. A handy blade for a thousand tasks. This one is High Carbon steel. Made with a Primative look and feel. Handle is a White Tail Deer Antler Point. The blade is ground from O-1 tool steel. (While it appears to be forged, the tool marks are ground in for effect). The blade has s long hidden tang that goes waaay up inside the bone. It's completely bonded to the Stag. The handle features a Primative style of line cut carving. Full design on BOTH SIDES. The Antler has been hand dyed with Gary's mix.

Sheath is Oak Leather. It's epoxied and riveted together. The leather has been hot waxed for a deep and supple feel. It will age nicely.

The Combination of Knife and Sheath is $375 total. $15 to package and ship USPS PRIORITY.

Drop your Marker Here Please. Go to the PM section - upper right on page - to tell me your details. I'm barnespneumatic. Thanks!!!

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2017 03:25AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sal
Re: FOR SALE bullhorn. RENDEZVOUS TRADE KNIFE
January 08, 2017 08:26PM
Dang it Gary! That is a really cool looking knife, that primitive look is fantastic. Antler point handle, sweet design, super leather sheath, cool stamp. Really really nice. Great work!
January 08, 2017 09:42PM
THANKS sincerely Sal,
Great to hear some feedback. (Especially like that! Ha take a bow ).
I have a few more in stainless coming.
Gary
January 08, 2017 10:50PM
Gary

Thanks
Kurt
January 08, 2017 11:13PM
Did you make up the digital Signature like I explained ..,, or do you really want it? Haha.

You know, after reading over on Sal's thread that you made shot shells (as we discussed) and that you shot SQUIRRELS WITH THEM .... whistling .... and never mentioned it .... I'm not sure I should .... OK .... Kelly just kicked me ....
January 08, 2017 11:46PM
Gary
Of course I'll take it .

I only made 4 shells and left them set for a month and found them later . I actually forgot about them . I test fired one at a 4'x8' cardboard and it worked fine with a large pattern . I shot 2 bushey tail the same day . ( and I ate them ) I saved the last one for nostalgia or actually for size and amount of lead I used . I was really worried about hurting the barrel at first that's why I set them aside but after your reassurance it would be fine I went for it . Oh YA plus I found them a month or two later on the water heater in the back room .

Thanks
Kurt
January 09, 2017 12:34AM
Hi Kurt

Great! Now you'll have a new Squirrel Knife! You can make more shot shells. thumbs up

It must have shot well if you got game with it. Neat. Did you use bird shot? I forget, what did you use for a bottom wad ... A section of wooden dowel? You keep the center of the shell bottom open? Must have.

Good to hear. Even if I had to eves drop on Sal's thread to hear! Haha.

Gary
January 09, 2017 10:57PM
Gary
I used a recipe card and some #2 lead shot . I have a couple bags that measure about .150 and put about 2" tall into card maybe 50 pcs or so . No scientific weighing but then I cut some 1/8" thick rubber circles at .50 to use where you said a wood dowel . The small hand held punch driven by hammer I used was perfect to wrap the card around for a .50 cal template . Then I slide the shell down over the end and stuck disc in the bottom and curled / crimped over the edges leaving a small portion of disc exposed .
It was a lot of effort but doable for sure .

It was fun being able to make but gotta have an assembly line for sure .

Thanks
Kurt
January 09, 2017 03:23AM
This First Rendezvous Trade Knife is Now Sold!. Thanks Kurt thumbs up
January 09, 2017 03:34PM
That was wonderful Gary. Loved the entirety of the Rendezvous look.
Great grab Kurt!
Enjoy,
Jeff
January 09, 2017 10:41PM
Cool knife Gary! Congratulations Kurt on a great knife.
January 09, 2017 11:09PM
Hi Karl

Glad you like it! You old Mountain Man You! Pipe smoker

Hey, if I can get Kurt to respond to a post regarding a bridge down here .... With that new signature of his, I'll be SET!!!

Yippie!

Gary
January 10, 2017 12:51AM
Do you guys like the marks on the blade? These are what used to be called "Stock Removal" blades. New tool steel. If blades were forged and then not completely ground ... or is a steel blade had logged a huge number of years of usage and abuse ..., then is may have marks which these suggest. These are ground in. The object was to sort of pluck the string that says Primative/Woodland/Rendezvous/Trails/Canoes/Cabins/Campfires. All those things that were part of the feeling of my Primative Hunting Scene Pocket Case.

Comments Requested,
Gary
January 10, 2017 02:19AM
Gary,

I like the blade and sheath. It has a nice look and I'm sure will function even better. Is this going to be a new line of knives or a limited production run?

Keith
January 10, 2017 05:34AM
Hi Keith,

My plan is to make them here and there, as time allows. The first thing in the morning work. The "need to do something else" work. The "had an idea" work canvas.

Glad you like it. I'm certain they will all be mildly different. Hope it's enjoyable for all.

Gary
January 10, 2017 09:35AM
Gary
The shape of the knife really caught my eye . The slight rainbow / case hardened colors near the antler handle really look nice too . I know you said you stained with Garys blend but do you have to do any special prep before staining ? I've seen a couple of Deeeep swamp bucks in the upper peninsula here that had a dark cedar / pine color to the antlers .( not to good eatin ) but still a great dark stain to them .

You know as I've heard everyone I know who bought a knife from you that the pictures NEVER do the knife justice even though they're quality photos. I can't wait to get my paws around that handle !

Ps : you picked a great name " trade knife "

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021