Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Requested - 14 DAGGERS!!! cooler

Requested - 14 DAGGERS!!! cooler
September 04, 2017 12:57AM
These are digital files of old prints. Then downsized to fit the forum. Sorry for the quality.

IMG_7021.JPG

Approx. 18" blade 24" OAL Theme Display Dagger. Damascus Dragon Flame Blade - Carved Rosewood Castle Handle - Cold Forged Iron Thicket Guard. Display Marble and Cold Forged Iron wire and Bronze Tree Display. Approx 1988.

IMG_7022.JPG

Approx. 10"/15"AOL Theme Dagger. Damascus Steel and Carved Ebony. Damsel and Hero Theme. Marble and Ironwork Display.

IMG_7023.JPG

Wizard Theme Dagger. About 17" overall. Mosaic of Mammoth and Orange Coral. Gold and Ruby Wand. Damascus Blade. Marble and Ironwork.

IMG_7024.JPG

"Velvet Flame", Cloak Dagger. Paua Pearl Mosaic Handle and Sheath. Spun Gold on Copper Furrel. 7-8" Blade

I have more (and smaller) when I run across them. (HERE ARE 10 MORE!!! Enjoy

Thanks for reading

Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 06:13PM by barnespneumatic.
IMG_7048.JPG
IMG_7049.JPG
IMG_7050.JPG
IMG_7051.JPG
IMG_7052.JPG
IMG_7053.JPG
IMG_7054.JPG
IMG_7055.JPG
IMG_7057.JPG
IMG_7058.JPG
Re: Requested - 4 Daggers
September 04, 2017 02:57AM
Gary
That's a great bunch of art knifes there . I can imagine them setting out as a center piece for display . Is that last blade some crazy Damascus you designed?
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks
Kurt
September 04, 2017 02:00PM
Hi Kurt,

Yes. That is my Damascus. It was a pretty Blade, wasn't it.

Gary
September 04, 2017 12:17PM
Gary,

Even in black and white or old photos they all shine. I agree with Kurt those not just made as art but displayed as art.
Your skills and eye for art really shows in everyone of those.

Stunning.

Larry
September 04, 2017 09:21PM
Thank you Larry,

I do feel kinda stunned .... hah! You nailed it.

Glad you like them.
Happy Holiday to come or past where you are.
Gary
September 04, 2017 06:13PM
Trully amazing art work Garrybowing
September 04, 2017 07:45PM
Gary
Some look like folders and some look retractable. The difference in the mechanics of each is a true testament to your brain at work . When you make ANY knife are they all sequenced numerically? I just wondered because the trade knife I got earlier this year didn't appear to have a number visible.!

Thanks
Kurt
September 04, 2017 09:19PM
Hi Kurt,

All linear sequences, yes. Sometimes I can't figure a good way to mark them without defacing them. Sometimes I forget on Sheath knives.

Just for your records: Those 4 Trade Knives were ....

1). O-1 steel. Stag and O-1 steel. Heat colored. Waxed sheath. Faux Forge marks. #1364
2). Etched A-2 steel. Dark Sheath. #1365
3). A-2 polished with faux Forge marks and heat treat color #1366
4). A-2 - tool marks, pouch Sheath, elk stag #1367

Hope that covered it!
Thanks Much,
Gary
September 05, 2017 02:30PM
Gary,
Those pictures let everyone take a small look into your VERY BUSY brain. I can't imagine coming up with all of the design and build ideas you have. Thank goodness you weren't working on an assembly line putting the same weld on the same chassis a thousand times a day. Your brain would have blown up years ago. Truly beautiful work.
Thanks for sharing,
Jeff
September 05, 2017 04:04PM
Thanks Jeff,

I definitely got the "Optional Brain Package", Jeff. You are right. It's torment to do repeated things. The designs I have made have only been a portion of the ones I saw. I've never been otherwise, so I just wonder why when I'm in a room full of fine people, and it's like we are all playing a game of "one of these things is not the same." Everything processes differently.

Thanks for commenting Jeff!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2017 04:07PM by barnespneumatic.
September 08, 2017 06:07PM
Gary, beautiful work. I especially liked the paua shell dagger. Thank you for posting these. Stay safe down there.

Karl
September 08, 2017 11:33PM
Thank you Karl,

We have been working much of the week, preparing for the storm. Prepping options. Packing to "Bug Out" if need be. Prepping with food. Today, again; we bolstered our supply of gasoline. We cleaned the very heavy 1 1/2 gallon plastic storage jugs, and consolidated our gas supply. Then took four commercial gas jugs and filled those. That brings us to around 30 gallons of gas for the Generator and Chain saw. We worked trimming back trees of limbs (with our electric chain saws) and cleaning out gutters. The Studio roof and Gutter system was a real treat. I'd forgotten. Thought it had Gutter covers. But they are open and are way oversized. Maybe 7" square. They were just full of tree dirt and leaves from the small leaf Live Oak limbs that got away from me, and overhang the roof. What a horrible mess. I was spent on that one. Still not done. The roof and one side is clean. The other side of gutters is a mess.

IMG_7087.JPG

(Taken from the Upper Garden Terrace - on the level of the Shooting Shed).

I also had a cartoon ladder escapade. Wooden Fireman's ladder that came with the place. But Sun and Florida got to it. First step - broke off and fell away into the darkness. "Whoooohooh". I thumped and looked, maybe that one was ju..... third step .... SNAP and it fell away - rattling over and over as it struck the shear rock walls, and landed with a brittle shattering sound, among a pile of ancient scroll jars. Like Indiana Jones, I went and got the aluminum ladder that was my grandfather's ladder! I continued.

Thanks Karl! Be safe!!
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 11:59PM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021