Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beauty and the beast

Beauty and the beast
December 11, 2017 04:25AM
Dogs love to hunt. Sprite gets so worked up when she hears the pssst from the fill line as it releases from the scuba valve. No formal hunt here just a walk around the property with dog and gun in tow. Here's a red squirrel that thought it was hiding from the dog HIGH on a branch of a pine tree. It just left too much of its head/chest exposed between a couple of twigs. One 25 cal heavy H/N Barracuda knocked it out of the tree with a thwack. DOA to the waiting Great Dane/Boxer mix on the ground.
Sprite and Squirrel.jpg

Here's Gary's steam-punk, floral-scroll camo carbine in 25 cal. Sweet shooting gun!

Kent
Re: Beauty and the beast
December 11, 2017 10:59AM
Kent
Nice shooting . Those red squirrels are mean & quick critters.
Oh nice gun too ! It looks like a lot of bling going on . I'm surprised that little bugger didn't see you coming a mile away !

Ps : How many pictures did it take for your dog to let you lay the airgun on him ? He looks a little distressed. Haha

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2017 11:05AM by kurt wag.
December 13, 2017 12:22AM
Kurt,
You can really read a dog. She was not really pleased to be a gun rack, but I couldn't lay that gun on the ground and she wasn't going to move from guarding her squirrel.

That bling is really Barnes camo, squirrels can't even see it! I can assure you this one didn't see this pellet coming. Good clean kill.

I'm not too worried about spooking them to the tree as the dog will often move them to my side of the tree with barking and jumping on the other side.

Thanks,
Kent
December 20, 2017 10:09PM
I also noticed that the dog did not look like she wanted anybody going near her squirrel.

Hey Kent, if you were to put that gun in the Queen's china cabinet I would probably walk right by it without seeing it, as camo goes that is.

Merry Christmas,

Lon

P.S. I much prefer the very short haired dog breeds. Good looking beast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 10:13PM by Bigbore.
December 20, 2017 06:32PM
This was ..., where it is supposed to be .... Hunting Forum. But ... nobody (even me) was finding it. So I left a note there and have moved it. Join in!

My post over there before moving : .....

Dudes!!! Private party over here???

I'm moving you ...

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 06:36PM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021