Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Another Range Session ... Testing Slugs skeettarget plane

Range Session - Slugs skeettarget plane
January 15, 2019 10:01PM
I have a bunch of Pictures and Data. I’m processing.

4E207616-0ECE-468D-839B-BCE56723F739.jpeg

Here’s a good start to my story. What do you think of this? The First Group Ever for this new Slug.

More as I can! Thks for reading!!

Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2019 09:02PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Building this Post .... Another Range Session ... Testing Prototype Slugs skeetI
January 16, 2019 03:08AM
76FF01BD-37CB-4A61-BA67-9C0B77FE679E.jpeg

Testing different settings and different loads. This was a deeply textured Ball I wanted data on.

7149BDB0-14EB-43D3-A84E-D3BD253B0360.jpeg

Testing different Counter Weights on the Exterior Hammer too. Checking my memory on how to set up the gun.
Re: Building this Post .... Another Range Session ... Testing Prototype Slugs skeetI
January 17, 2019 07:18PM
Hi Gary,

That’s a nice looooong range speed... did you test it yet at higher distances?

Kind regards Brian
January 17, 2019 09:57PM
I’m working my way up to it.

For longer than about 50 yards, I’d pop a rifled barrel on it. I will anyway but I wanted to test the “Existing Gun” as it found its way back to me, before I made modifications.

Oh .., the gun part with the crank handle, that seats your slugs in the barrel’s chamber; is called the BOLT (in English). Your Nitro Express is then called a “Bolt Action Rifle”. Your English is excellent by the way. Well done!

And also ... the tip of that Bolt, where the O ring is; is called the “Bolt Probe”.

All the Best,
Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2019 12:16AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Another Range Session ... Testing Slugs skeettarget plane
January 16, 2019 01:11PM
Imagine how this slug should fly when we spin it. I made the cutter and Mold so that it can be sized for either the Smooth or Rifled 50. I’ll be able to test it in the Outrider 50 very soon. Yayyyy
Re: Range Session - Slugs skeettarget plane
January 19, 2019 12:32PM
Gary
I love what you have going on there . I've never been a black powder guy but always liked the round ball ammo . It's like going from recurve bow to compound bow using round ball to bullets.
After reading more on your airgun design the external adjustments with the weights is genius & so simple.
I've done a lot of reading about YOUR guns and designs and you sure are way ahead of the curve . Thanks for keeping us in the loop .

Thanks
Kurt
Re: Range Session - Slugs skeettarget plane
January 19, 2019 03:05PM
Thanks Kurt. Very much.

This gun has a power piston set up inside the grip. It’s adjustable via the bottom of the pistol grip. A small knock down spanner wrench does the trick. I’ll show it later.

I did the adjust feature cause I really thought swapping out barrels would suit this gun. Swapping out calibers. And putting on an arrow firing system. (You couldn’t just let it rip with full power. I think you’d tear up the arrow). We’ll see in time maybe.

One thing that I realized again, that I learned when I first made the gun ... my “In Handle Power Plant” and the gun’s “Firing Valve” can produce more power than the barrel can use. I put the second hammer weight on ... and the power is set on “11”. I even turned up the PSI up to 3,200 psi. LOAD/FIRE!!!! DEEP ROARRRRR BOOMMMM!!!! I go look at the Chronograph ...... what was it??? ... 4,000 ... 5,000 FPS???? Had to be. I hear Animals stampeding away through the forest! And .... it’s EXACTLY what it was with one weight, and 2,850 psi. The barrel is maxed out for this Chambering Geometry and Barrel Length.

Interesting to see things like this hammer system perform so well. It’s grest cause you can cock it without hardly moving the gun. Not like a heavy linear hammer that you have to put your chest into for the cocking stroke.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021