Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thinking about Pistols Another idea!

Thinking about Pistols bad dude Another idea!
November 07, 2019 12:36PM
They have been on my mind. “Show your pistols ... ya varmints!” bad dude Haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 01:02PM by barnespneumatic.
F1471FA8-08CD-437B-BE72-173CDDAEF165.jpeg
November 08, 2019 10:47AM
Oh man what a line up .
I sure would love to have one of those.

Thanks
Kurt
November 08, 2019 12:07PM
Hi Kurt,

Me too. I need it whip up a couple of those.

I remember our friend, Charles; has enjoyed his Heritage 32 Pistol. I recall his post just popped up one day a few years back.

They are really fun to shoot. And that Hoss 45, would hunt!

Gary
November 08, 2019 02:11PM
To bad pistols of that caliber and power need a "restricted license" in Canada. It's almost impossible for a resident to have a pistol and shot it regardless of pneumatic or powder.

Still nice to see the line up as Kurt mentioned. Be reading through the Fox Fire 5 book on gun making. These pistols remind me of the Hacker Martin pistols posted in the book. Although his are flintlock, still similarities.

Pedro
November 08, 2019 03:22PM
I read those too Pedro.

Very interesting. Those were the days that people would seek out builders. It looked like Hacker had his shop in a barn. People would socialize. They might come away with a treasure. With Scagel (Knives), it was the same way. I think he had a shop and cabin in the Michigan woods. I recall a boat builder too. Was it McEvoy??? Maybe he was the writer telling the story. I recall his wife would read him books while he worked. He built Boston Whalers. Had a unique build technique.

These men worked loooong before the Internet. I’m no anti-progress stick in the mud, but now the Internet has made 23,891,450 people into “Top of the Tip, Best of the Best Craftsmen and Craftswomen. Each with a website. Of course one or two of them string together beads and trinkets they take from a plastic bag. But by golly ... they’re the best. I I usually don’t offer to tell, but if someone weasels out of me what I do; the first thing I usually hear is .... “my brother in law does that!”

Well Pedro, it was a different world when all the Makers Made stuff.

Fun chat

Gary
November 09, 2019 11:50AM
Gary
Can you please tell us the names the pistols . I have already picked my favorite one or two and just need to know what to call it .hohoho

Thanks
Kurt
November 09, 2019 01:00PM
Thank you Kurt,

From the bottom to the top ....

1). Chaparral 25. Blue on blue. (Barrel Shroud Blued on Blued Pressure Tube). Power Adjust. Walnut Grips

2). Victory 32. Blue on Blue. Power Adjust. Tweed Stock.

3). Victory 32. Stainless on Stainless. Power Adjust. Straight Color Laminate Stock.

4). Victory 32. Brass on Stainless. Power Adjust. Tweed stock.

5). The HOSS 45. Side by Side. Polished Barrel in Etched Pressure Tube. (Later both hot Blued). Rear Hammer. 220 foot pounds.

The picture has increased my desire to build a pistol. It’s a matter of being able to afford the time and know the payoff is there. You see, the last time I did it was for the #6 Outryder 50. And it made a mess for me.

Kurt, thanks for asking. I really appreciate your participation.

Gary
Re: Thinking about Pistols bad dude Another idea!
November 13, 2019 04:32PM
So I kind of got myself excited reading through the foxfire book 5 again on gun making. Turns out in Canada there are no regulations on flintlock rifles. Pistols are a different story. But alas I have to many projects going and will have to finish a few before I tackle a flintlock.

Gary, you ever build a flint lock?

Pedro
November 14, 2019 02:08PM
Hi Pedro,

No flintlock. Built Cap Lock. And did design my own unique box lock with striker flint and wire spring under the barrel. (Too much of a mess to maintain but an idea prototyped nonetheless). And then the Outside Lock Airgun. So I’ve danced all around it. Ha.

Yes. Relaxing is a lot of work.

Gary
November 20, 2019 04:59PM
Long time troll here Gary. Been gone for a while but it's nice to be back, especially when one of the first things I see is a pic of pistols. I remember following most of those builds with great interest. Art, plain and simple, and wonderful art at that.
I'm not much of a knife guy so I guess that's why I've faded from regular stalking to occasional trolling these days. Maybe it's wintertime and shorter days that have now increased my coffee and computer time, I don't know.
Whatever the reason, I got restless and dug out my old beloved Benjamin 30/30 the other day, found a guy online who had seals for it, and got it popping again after some 45 years. Shot me straight back to my childhood is what it did! Straight back to the rendezvous too apparently.
Anyway, thanks for keepin' on. I'll be watching with interest again and who knows, maybe you'll get in the mood to build a hand-held (Chaparral!) again one of these days!
Scott
November 21, 2019 10:31PM
Hello Scott,

Welcome back to Toyland.

I saw an old troll staring at me early this morning. Mimicked my every move too!

I am in the mood. I’m working through some extra pain stuff lately. Pretty sure a fall shook stuff loose. I’ll get patched up soon. Good to know you are there. I hope you enjoy. Thanks sincerely for your note.

Gary
November 25, 2019 11:56PM
I ran across a couple of more pics. I hoped you might enjoy.

25F0E9C7-5D34-483B-A8FF-466E996C944F.jpeg
E
This is a 32 Appaloosa with optional detachable shoulder stock. A great combo Pistol and/or Carbine. Brass on stainless. The barrel proper (inside the shroud) is made of Chrome Moly tubing. This is a firearm quality material.

EDBD24A2-1C6F-464F-BE9A-D5198FF63CA5.jpeg

The second pic is from one of wonderful Barnes Rendezvous Shoots that I used to Host with Friends/Clients/Owners/Ledger sitters. We would plan for 4-6 months to have a woods, trails, fields set up with Custom Reactive Movable Steel Targets. We’d have the choice of shooting any of the fine Airguns that I’d made and that our Co-Host/Hostess Owners were kind enough to lend. You may not own a $12,000 Airgun, but you could shoot one all weekend. And you’d get from course to course in golf carts, and enjoy wonderful home cooked food. These shows were Camelot too.

There are several excellent Pistols and Carbines on these tables. In addition to 850 foot pound 62 caliber rifles. 87 caliber smooth bore shot guns. And though I made each one of these, I forget what all is here. But it’s not copy 56, 127, 193, and copy 329. Ha. I’ve had endless ideas, and have sought to share them with collectors as best I’ve been able.

Hope you enjoy the pics. Any stories; please share!!!

Thank You
Gary
November 29, 2019 05:26AM
Wow! Loving the brass!
November 30, 2019 11:49AM
Me too Scott I’m loving the brass .
I’ve been eyeballing the Appaloosa now for a Loooong time ! I know it’s smaller than most but the look is amazing especially with the cut out pistol grip .( 3rd from bottom) it really looks like an all around fun airgun! hot smiley
Makes me wanna jump for joy ! Hohoho

Thanks
Kurt
November 30, 2019 12:00PM
I’m glad you boys like my little BB Guns.

I’m listening. And I’m not done yet.

Thank you very much for posting.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021