Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Summer 2020

Summer 2020
July 23, 2020 01:17PM
I trust you have avoided the Covid, or had a very mild experience with it. I know it’s affected so many areas of our lives.

In a brief summary:

We’ve been fortunate to have quite a few visits from family, this Summer. It’s so rare for us to have visits. And yet we’ve had Grandkids and our Children, with their Spouses; coming and going. Some we haven’t seen in years. The list of “Fix, Mow, Trim, Prepare”, grew to alarming lengths. I’d mark off a couple items and Kelly would add a new PAGE! Whoooh stunned

Even so ... TWO KNIVES SHIP TODAY - yayyyyy. Thank you for your patience. I have plans mapped out for projects. Knives for individuals including Alice and Tony. And I really really want to get back to my Pistols and shooting. I’m using my time as best I can. I’m using all the techniques and some new supplements to my health regiment. Wish me luck please.

Thanks for reading!
Gary
July 24, 2020 01:26PM
Yea , Time with family is a blessing and a lot of fun! But there always comes the time you like to go back to your regular routine !
Glad you got 2 more knifes out, 2 more satisfied customers and some more income. Hope your new drug regime will bless you with less pain to deal with.

God Bless, Bob
July 24, 2020 04:50PM
Hi Gary,

Good to hear you are getting some knives completed. Hope the injections are helping with your mobility?

Great your family can visit! This while Covid thing has turned many families up-side-down. Some family has visited us as well, but it is difficult as Maria can only handle about 20-30 minutes of a visit due to radiation fatique. Family has to drive 1.5 hours one way so it makes it difficult on them.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your pistol projects take shape.

God bless,

Pedro
July 27, 2020 04:21PM
Gary,

Glad to hear you are getting to see more of your family this year. Time moves so quickly for me these days so I cherish my own family visits when they happen. I hope the new therapies are helping. Pain is becoming my old friend too, sad to say.
Give my best to Kelly.

Karl
July 28, 2020 10:38PM
Thank you Karl,

Sorry you hurt. Prayer and good thoughts from me to you.

My large array of therapies can help. There’s not a given 2-3 things that hurt, so it’s quite difficult to develop a regular successful program.

I was just talking to a good fellow with a Nitro of mine. We mentioned again, how shooting well requires such a long list of identical actions - performed identically each shot. “Variety” is the enemy of Accuracy. Now, with pain; you’d expect to be able to develop a program that provides relief. But so many things can hurt. And you can have multiple pains at once. And those multiples can vary in intensity day to day. From not there today to a 7 tomorrow. The meds, topicals, therapy, brace, cushion ... may help. It’s a quite difficult challenge to hit the proper mix. And, the requirements upon yourself today, make for a wide variety of how well you can satisfy the need.

I know it’s very tiring for folks who feel well to hear what sounds like endless whining. The only way to view it differently is to experience it. And by the time a person experiences their own “Gary”, then their interaction with him is often past.

We have had a very busy Summer. Much of our interaction with family has been caused by the COVID alterations to their own lives. The unexpected - no school - no summer camp - work scheduled altered - and more. We’ve been pleased to help and to see family.

Really hope you remain well Karl. I always enjoy hearing from you.

Posting a small knife I finished last night.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021