Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Caribou in Peurto Rico

Caribou in Peurto Rico
July 08, 2010 07:40PM
Hello Gary:

Enclosed you will find a few pictures illustrating the evidence that the Caribou went out this weekend. To tell you the truth I feel ashamed of showing my best group to you after all the 165, 185 and 200 yds groups that you showed. laughing again

Anyway the rifle was sighted in at 50 yds using the Bishop slugs and then I proceeded to shoot a group of steel targets at 75 and 100 yds. I included a picture of what was left of a 306 grains slug after hitting the steel target at 100 yds. There is a bunch of energy left at that distance.

When I started shooting the carbon fiber tank was filled to 4,300 psi. I shot about 80 slugs and ran out of ammo. At the end, the carbon fiber tank still had 3,200 psi left. The Caribou is a very efficient air rifle compared to other less powerful big bores out there.

The most that I can shoot in this particular range is 100 yds, so my next mission will be to shoot some groups at that distance and see how they look.

Again, you are setting the bar very high and it's a shame for me to present this 50 yds group that otherwise I would have felt proud…He, he, he…

bowing

Best,

Julio

Well, looks to me as if Julio did pretty well. Don't believe all that stuff about him not shooting well. winking smiley

a_caribou_carving_range.jpg

a_Caribou.jpg

a_bishop46.jpg

DSC00846.JPG

The gun looks good. I'm glad all is working out well!

Excellent to see the rifle out and being enjoyed.

You see we're keeping with our policy of not allowing anyone in the States here to actually shoot a Barnes rifle. Well ... Mississippi is on Kent's estate ... but I think he pulled out of the Union recently. haha. Neil shoots in New Zealand ... another Barnes free zone. haha. Cedric shoots ... but California is just a state of mind. So; we're doing good. Green bowing

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2010 07:44PM by barnespneumatic.
July 08, 2010 10:33PM
Nice shooting Julio! Timmy has your Raptors and half your Bishops done. You'll have a fresh ammo supply in no time!
July 09, 2010 04:59PM
Julio needs to try some K-8s in that beast of his. Those very heavy slugs should work well from that magnum power plant. What are they ... around 400 grains IIRC.

shooter with bench rifle

Gary
Anonymous User
July 09, 2010 02:39AM
That is a beautiful rifle, and some fine shooting.db
July 09, 2010 04:39AM
Julio,

Nothing wrong with that group!shooter

Nice rifle.

Lon
July 09, 2010 06:34AM
Nice story and pics and shooting JULIO. Very nice indeed. Man, never be embarrased to show groups like that....EVER. Well, ok, maybe if you only shot them at 10 yrds...lol.
July 10, 2010 05:03AM
Looks like the Caribou has found a good home! Good shooting Julio, and looking forward to seeing some more...
Regards
Neil
July 11, 2010 02:40AM
Great shooting Julio! Good to see the Caribou again. I;m glad someone who like to shoot has the Caribou so the rest of us can enjoy it with you. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Looks like she's doing well. Keep the pics coming.

Kent
July 15, 2010 03:07PM
I forgot to copy the part about Julio liking the cocking lever I designed for the gun ...

Copy:

One thing that I didn’t mention earlier was how pleasant it’s to shoot this
rifle; loading the slug, cocking it and shooting. Ahhhhh! Especially the
cocking lever, you were very ingenious to create such a device. So far so good!

Best,

Julio
July 15, 2010 03:10PM
Yes . . . glad my own whining helped convince you to continue adding cocking levers to other guns. Weights

-- Jim
July 15, 2010 06:33PM
Hello Jim,

Yes ... your constant whining has been a continual inspiration. jammin'

When complete, your beast will have a "stair stepper" unit attached to the stock to power the hammer cocking mechanism. Should work quite well. Another idea!

Gary
July 15, 2010 08:14PM
Hmmmm . . . interesting. Trying to visualize this. I'll have to get you to sketch it out for me. artist

-- Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021