Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Cajun Cup 3 - Gunz and Stuff

Cajun Cup 3 - Gunz and Stuff
October 21, 2010 03:04AM
And ... I have several hundred more pics ... and most are so good I hate to pass over them. Here are some of the guns there. People who attended could shoot any of them over the three days.

Gary
a_archival_pack.jpg
a_BarnesPneumaticTee.jpg
a_Carniv_carving.jpg
a_Carvnivore.jpg
a_Chaparral.jpg
a_ChiefJustice87.jpg
a_Dusk.jpg
a_Expedition58.jpg
a_greyfox2.jpg
a_grizzly.jpg
a_Hoss.jpg
a_Kyle.jpg
a_Kyle2.jpg
a_Maverick.jpg
a_Nitro_carving.jpg
a_pic_crasher.jpg
a_Prairie3.jpeg
a_Victory.jpg
a_Woodsman.jpg
October 21, 2010 03:10AM
Funny ... must mention ... above Jerry examines the condition of the "Archival Pack" of slugs which Karl has brought with him to the shoot. In mint condition .... bright as new ... still vacuum sealed. What am I bid for these .... ??? hahaha.

Then, you see some of the new Barnes Tee colors.

And ... you see that the shooting went on from morning to dark.

Look at the richness of the wood tones as they age.

How about those skies too?

Gary
Anonymous User
October 21, 2010 03:33AM
Great line up of airguns, Gary the wood on all those is drop dead gorgeous. I see several pieces in there that look very familiar. Dang I wish I could have made it. I know it was a blast. How many guns were there in total?
October 21, 2010 03:43AM
Sounds like great fun. Nice photos too, especially the evening shots. Thanks for posting.
October 21, 2010 05:21AM
Gary,

Looks like a typically great shoot!

Someone got a pistol!wow

Lon
October 21, 2010 02:57PM
Yes - we had a really wonderful time. As usual, Kent went all out to share with us. We were treated to some of the most wonderful meals known to man. Kent also whipped up 60 pounds of steamed shrimp, and added the ear corn, sausage, onions, mushrooms and seasoning to make an authentic Cajun "Shrimp Boil". We stood at a large high table and ate shrimp and delights into the night. A campfire with comfy chairs sat around was great. And, all ya had to do was get there. A shame so many who were invited, were unable to come again. There's no better airgun shooting experience known. I really enjoyed it.

Gary
October 21, 2010 07:17PM
Yeah ... there was a 25 Chaparral, a 32 Victory, and 45 Hoss pistol to try out.

Gary
October 21, 2010 03:46PM
I can attest to the wonderful time my son and I had at this event. Kent and his whole family went way beyond hospitable to make it such a great time. I can't thank them enough for everything they did. The number of guns to shoot and the number of different shooting opportunities kept us all busy until the light gave out ... and the fun kept going until we had to get to bed that night. Last, but definately not least was the opportunity to spend time with all of the fine people who attended. I am so looking forward to next year.

Karl
October 21, 2010 11:58PM
A bunch of lookers there!

One of those looks like a grey fox if I'm not mistaken.

The chance to shoot all those different guns, COOL!
October 22, 2010 06:48PM
Nice line-up! I see the Grizzly is there...I bet it was fun shootin' that big boy....
Cheers
Neil
October 23, 2010 12:46AM
Here's the winner of the Cajun Cup III shooting the Grey Fox 45 cal. Many have had questions about recoil and here's a slow mo of the moment of discharge. Please note that this is not the most ambidextrous action but Julio pulls it off by adjusting his trigger hand to avoid the hammer. The recoil is not unpleasant but it does let you know that you're putting some serious (303 gn IIRC) lead down range real quick with over 400 ft/lbs energy.
[www.youtube.com]

Kent
October 23, 2010 04:45PM
You know what ... I went round and around with U-Tube for a half an hour. Screw it. I'd sign up ... they'd claim one thing was wrong. I'd change that ... something else was wrong. They wanted reams of information I filled in. Then ... oppps ... now you have to copy this. Now copy that. Ooooops- that's the wrong password. Try again. Now copy this ... fragilishy ... now copy this .... whoopsie ... wrong again.

Evidently I'm too stupid to use it ... and my blood pressure isn't up to another try.

Gary
October 23, 2010 05:34PM
OK Doc, I got out my decoder ring, signed in and it's still saying "private" video.brick wall

Put down the front-end loader and fix it.injured

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2010 05:36PM by Bigbore.
October 23, 2010 06:00PM
Hi Lon,

Yeah - me too. I had another go at it. I feel like I had a pretty personal exam. It would have a different name attached to my e-mail. I'd try to sign up again ... ooops ... can't do that ... there's another name attached to that e-mail address. Finally, it told me I couldn't use my own name to sign in ... wasn't available. I'd probably used it before ... who knows with what password. What a crock these things are. All they want is to harvest information on you. Something eventually indicated a odd version of my name ... and let me go through the stuff to change my password. Which I'm sure I'll forget before I ever go back. You know ... the password you choose ... that you might remember ... is never "Strong" enough. You have to add crap which you will forget.

Couldn't find Kent's video ... but was offered a hundred things that looked and sounded like traps to me. I just left. Guess I'm too old fashioned for 2010.

Gary
October 23, 2010 06:06PM
I'm a Photobucket subscriber, but I get the "private" message too, so It must be the settings at Kent's end I guess....
Cheers
Neil
October 25, 2010 04:47PM
Kent,

It works now, I'll assume that you re-linked it.

Thanks.

Lon
October 23, 2010 11:45PM
Sound like a really fun experience. Beautiful guns...gosh I wish I could shoot all those guns.

Gary, you're so funny, I was laughing my behind off about your u tube experience he..he..
October 24, 2010 02:12AM
OK guys, Sorry about the screw up. I was in error thinking that this setting would allow me to give anyone the URL and they would be able to use it. My Bad!

I tried it several times and it worked perfectly, guess I was signed in and it recognized me.

Kent
October 24, 2010 02:56PM
Now Kent ...

I looked at the first seven videos on the right about pipe smoking. stunned Wow - those are some mugs on those guys. Now - I didn't see Julio in the bunch. .... hahahahh.

Wow ... this is some world ... airguns and pipe smoking ... WHY didn't I think of putting those together for a big festival!!! hahah

Gary
October 25, 2010 02:17AM
Good catch on the video Kent. Sorry it took me so long to get around to commenting. Gives a pretty good punch.
Did we get any Grizzly footage?

Gary
October 25, 2010 07:50PM
And here through the magic of photo editing...
a_Dusk.jpg
..is the exposure compensated version of the logo pic. That's me missing the target from the log stand. I got it the next day but my score was already posted... I suppose I might have done better to wait for daylight!
October 25, 2010 11:24PM
Yes Jerry shooting that target was a real adventure.

In my opinion that is one of the most challenging shots in the woods walk. Imagine standing on a log shooting offhand while trying to keep in balance. You won't see the target unless you stand on the log. Also it's a lot of fun because if you hit this target it gives you a huge feeling of accomplishment.

It's great to see the big smile on the shooters that got it.

I still believe that the most difficult to hit was the small target at 116 yards.

I need to get back to try that again...

Julio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 11:26PM by Julio.
November 01, 2010 11:39PM
nice to see some of the faces , and some of the guns that we have all watched being crafted ,,, looks like a great event , thanks for the pictures
November 02, 2010 06:31PM
Hi Tom,

Wish you could have joined us. Ireland isn't THAT far away. .... hahaha.,

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021