Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Black Diamond Medallion

Black Diamond Medallion
December 08, 2010 12:52AM
aa-BlackDiamond.jpg

1 1/8" tall - 1 5/8" wide. Solid Sterling Silver.

aa_BlkDmd.jpg

Shown at least 4 times oversized - therefore you can see the tooling cuts (which are made one to one this time into hardened tool steel - the old pantograph mill won't do that - this is air rotary freehand work).

This will be mark all of the Barnes Pneumatic "Black Diamond" Class rifles. I finally got the tooling complete to produce it. I am finishing the testing and refining of the "Active Duty" silver plate as well.

Hope you like it.

thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 12:58AM by barnespneumatic.
December 08, 2010 02:22AM
Very nice, Gary. I just don't how you come up with some many great designs.
December 08, 2010 03:03PM
Hi Doug,

Stick around. I should get a copy of the "Active Duty" medallion today.

Gary
December 08, 2010 05:11AM
Gary,

That is probably about as much work and detail as most companies put into their whole gun.dig it
Nysssss!

Every gun gets a medalion, no?

Lon
December 08, 2010 03:07PM
Hi Lon,

Each Black Diamond Class - yes. So far - there have been 1) Grizzly 2) Caribou 3) 62 Yukon 4) Prairie Hawk 5) Timber Wolf 6) Barracuda

Gary
December 08, 2010 12:20PM
Gary,

Wow, I love it! That’s the perfect touch to identify a Black Diamond class gun. Always giving the extra mile...

In what part of the rifle are you planning to install it?

Julio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 12:22PM by Julio.
December 08, 2010 03:11PM
Hello Julio,

That's a matter of some thought. I had origonally thought of putting it on the underside of the forearm ... so it could be read when the rifle was standing in a case. However; that position would be subject to constant rubbing on bench bags and rests of all sorts.

It probably can't be the same place on every rifle. For instance ... top of the comb ... on the Caribou there's a lever there ... on the Yukon there's the Elk Stag cheek pc. and stainless. I think I'll have to stare at each rifle and determine the place. Maybe on the side of the forestock - just ahead of the receiver?

Gary
December 08, 2010 03:12PM
Different guns may want a different finish as well, on the medallion. This first one is done dark, with an oxide patina. A bright silver is possible - but there would be less contrast.

Gary
December 09, 2010 12:20AM
Beautiful work Gary! artist

The thought you've put not only into the design of the medallion but also the placement is evident in all your work.

I'll get a few pics together of the Grizzly to show some detail of the areas in question. That will be fun. Hope the temps pick up so the camera won't be shaking so much.

Great job,

Kent
December 09, 2010 09:18PM
That's really nice. I'm sure each gun will have a perfect spot for it.
December 13, 2010 05:09AM
I'd say let the thing tarnish a bit, then buff out the raised pattern to highlight the image, then clearcoat. If it doesn't work out, a bit of laquer thinner and some polish resets for the next idea.
December 14, 2010 03:50PM
very smart indeed , i thought you were going to do an ebony inlay , or is the metal set in the black diamond of ebony and then inlayed .
December 14, 2010 05:35PM
Hello Tom,

This is where mu mind ended up. I wanted a signature unique pc. with raised lettering.

I have pics of the badge mounted on a gun. I'll show them later. Looks nice.
December 18, 2010 08:42PM
ah , got the idea , ill look forwards to seeing the pics , its just more of the detail , i love the detail .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021