Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Found some clips ..... movie

Found some clips ..... movie
January 25, 2011 06:59PM
Here's a bunch of clips, made years back, or Jim shooting the 62 HAWG Smoothie.

In the clips, note that he's standing, shooting offhand, at 50 yard targets. Using a simple 4X Simmons scope, and a new smoothie slug I was testing. Yes - you can't shoot the gun without smiling! grinning smiley

thought you might enjoy a look back ....

Gary

January 25, 2011 07:09PM
As you first watch it .... you might not pick up the targets. Follow the barrel line of sight .... you'll find them. Some are literally 50 yards out.
January 26, 2011 12:01AM
Fun video guys.

The reaction to shooting the big bore airguns is universal. Does anyone else find it interesting that despite the fact that we've all shot guns that were more powerful, louder and at more distant targets, that you get more grins from the airguns? My theory is that these allow you to be more up close to the action. This includes the facts that most shots are made at reactive targets if possible. The recoil and blast do not interfere with witnessing the targets reaction. Finally, it makes a difference to be shooting a unique handcrafted piece requiring amazing engineering.

What are your thoughts on the smile factor everyone?

Kent
January 26, 2011 12:59AM
It's clear that you both were having a lot of fun.

I do agree with Kent's theory and I would add; that it's a great feeling to shoot a huge heavy slug at an impressive speed using air as the propellant.

I do smile while shooting a big bore. For me it's amazement and joy combined.

Gary on this one I do prefer the carbine format.

Julio
January 26, 2011 01:09AM
Ah shucks Julio ...

Ya need a Hog Leg Horse pistol whenever you mount up for a long ride. haha.

The stock on this is made with a threaded insert. The shoulder stock threads off - via a thru bolt. Makes it real nice for a little lady to tuck into a garter. whistling

Gary
January 26, 2011 01:24AM
You made my day Gary!

That is an awesome rig. I'm grinnin' like the Cheshire cat. Looks like a ton of fun,

Once again, that is a super cool gun. As a pistol it doesn't really do much for me (kinda cool, but not my ball of wax), but as a carbine, holy cow, that really hits the spot.

Thanks again for the video.
January 26, 2011 03:09PM
The Hawg had a buttstock that screwed into the pistol grip to convert it from "horse pistol" as Gary would say to 300+ fpe big bore carbine. Pretty cool, and very accurate for a smoothy.

-- Jim
January 26, 2011 03:26PM
Well that's pretty cool. I have to admit that even though the pistol wouldn't be my first choice, it would be kind of cool to try out, and if it switches back and forth that easily, then that IS cool.

Gotta dig it.
January 26, 2011 02:56AM
That's a great video of a guy enjoying airguns. It doesn't matter that he knows all about the fact that a .50 Barret makes a zillion pounds of force etc., the airguns are just fun! BTW, that looks like the definition of "poop" eating grin....
January 26, 2011 05:13AM
He looks so young.more innocent
January 26, 2011 03:05PM
Hey, that *was* fun! excited

OK, so where are my royalties for appearing as the Barnes Pneumatic spokes model? "festive"

That Hawg kicked a little bit . . . you can see me almost get "scoped" in the first clip. But yeah, it was really laying down those steel plate targets.

Thanks for posting those Gary.

-- Jim
Anonymous User
January 27, 2011 02:24AM
Looks to me like you almost got paid with scope eye on that first shot. You were definitely knocking them down, good shooting.
January 27, 2011 03:54AM
LOL. That videos got me laughing...thats a fun one.
January 28, 2011 06:18PM
That's some fine shootin' with a fine gun! When Jim was a boy...
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021