Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Victory First Outing ... Introducing Reggie to Rendezvous

Victory First Outing ... Introducing Reggie to Rendezvous
March 24, 2011 06:05PM
Post by "Legalair", moved from another thread. Will continue as materials appear.

Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Attached is a photo of a volunteer that assisted me this past Sunday during my honeymoon with my Victory 32. If I did not attached it correctly, it is a goose shot at 40 yards with the 51 grains supplied by Gary when I pick my rifle. It was a clean past thru and the volunteer laid down with only a honk. This was the first outing and things look promising.

I am still in the learning stage and it seems the rifle is queitier when I use my hand pump than when fill by the scuba tank. With firing three shots it only takes 25 pumps to bring it back up to pressure.

I need direction on how to attach a photo.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Reggie,

I also posted the directions on the main page - as a new post. I might make it a STICKY later (so it stays there to help people post pics).

I'm thrilled that your gun is doing well. That is some break in story! Wow. The slug ... that was the little Pistol Slug?

Great that your pump is working so well for you. 25 strokes is not bad at all. Excellent.

Hope the pic post directions make sense. Ask what you need to know.

Thanks,
Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 06:19PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Reggie's post - Victory First Outing
March 24, 2011 06:07PM
Here's an appreciated comment. Displaced by my error.

A Post by Hugh ... some interesting video ... if the link will transfer.

Here is some fun stuff. I am shooting my airguns like I have learned how to shoot my M1 and AR, using a leather sling the GI way. View this interesting U-Tube and learn how to use a sling. In the prone position, it is as solid as shooting from a bench. 3/4" groups at 50 yards with my AirArms S400. Nearly as good seated. When I can't get to the range with the smokers, this is how I practice in the back yard.

[www.youtube.com]

Hugh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 06:18PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Reggie's post - Victory First Outing
March 24, 2011 06:35PM
OK ... I did something wrong. The link is dead. I hope Hugh might repost it, as we'd like to enjoy it.

Thanks,
Gary
March 24, 2011 10:01PM
Hello Reggie,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Barne's World.welcome The Victory pistol/carbine is an excellent airgun with lots of attributes.There are a bunch of great experiences ahead for you to enjoy. Please share some of them with us here in the forum.

Thanks for sharing your first outing with the Victory pistol with us.

Julio
March 24, 2011 10:16PM
Hello Julio,

That sounds like quite a start ... doesn't it? thumbs up

Hope I get a nice sliced Goose sandwich out of it! More coffee

Gary
March 24, 2011 10:24PM
Reggie,

Welcome aboard! Give those picture directions a shot and if they don't work, just send me the picture via jerry@airgunrendezvous.com.

We'll get it posted!
hhagan
March 25, 2011 01:14AM
Hello, Gary and everyone, including Reggie the Goose Guy.

Here is the link to use of the rifle sling. It will make a better rifle marksperson out of anyone.

Hugh

[www.youtube.com]

P.S.- Welcome, Reggie
March 25, 2011 01:32AM
Gary,
Thanks for explaining the picture posting directions. I figured out quickly how to do it on my mac using the preview application, and can take a picture size up and down by just adjusting the pixels.
If it proves worthwhile, how do you post a short video?
Hugh
March 25, 2011 01:52AM
Hello Hugh,

Personally, I like hosting the videos at Photobucket. There's no charge. It seems simple to me. What I like best ... is that they give you 4 different options, after it's loaded. Of course, I forget what they are. But ... one will just give you a link to copy here ... and then that would take you to their site to watch. The one I like, is one that says "embedded". You just click on the choice, and you browser will copy the link. When you copy that into this box ... it will put up a small video player ... with the start of the movie showing. Therefore; you seem to watch it here. It doesn't take you there, and then they to get you to watch a dozen other things.

I'm sure it's me, but I don't get along with u-tube. I'm not surprised. I have trouble with everything everyone else loves. I hardly go there, so always forget my account. Once I get that right ... they want me to link my Google account. I didn't even remember I had a Google account. But they press the issue .... fine. Go link it then. Immediately, it tells me that I can't log in to U-tube anymore with my password (which I just remembered). Now I have to use my Google one ... which I have no idea of, since I didn't even remember having an account. forget it. I don't need to see it. So; guess that's why I use Photobucket. thumbs up Until they change that. haha.

This forum program cannot handle loading video. So; perhaps others can tell you how. I know Kent uses and likes U-Tube. Maybe Jim can help.

Best,
Gary

BTW ... I haven't forgotten a hook up for the Nitro. I've felt especially lousy this week. And, it's been rainy and cold here. We need a nice day when my head isn't splitting. hey - you know any good Drs? hahah. Bring pills.
April 11, 2011 11:54PM
Hi Everyone

Sorry I have not posted in awhile, just one family tragedy after another. No, Gary the goose didnt get me but the rest of the flock are celebrating my absence.

I will get back out there soon. I still havent figured out how to post a photo and i tried that stupid u-tube.
April 12, 2011 12:02AM
Hello Reggie,

I'm sorry to hear of family issues. God Bless. I sincerely wish you comfort and solutions where needed.

Sincerely,
Gary

When you wish ... just e-mail me a pic. I'll be happy to post it for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021