Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Benchcraft

Benchcraft
December 12, 2015 11:51PM
image.jpeg

Did a bit of 50 caliber shooting around dusk. The rifle and slugs will be good. My benchcraft wasn't to brag about.

Getting over this brush with pneumonia. I feel much better then the low. But hardly feel well, or have any energy. Pushing myself around. I know the things I show are supposed to be perfect and up ... but there's that awkward zone I go thru. Do you? I'm not so ground down that there isn't any choice. But, I don't feel decent. So; I just feel "obligated" to be accomplishing .... something.

So; my stack of front bags was sloppy. They moved with my first shot. And, I'd just invested 90 seconds into a trophy target too!!! Ratz. To begin, I'd roughy adjusted the scope. Who has a coin? Who carries coins anymore??? I use my thumbnail. Click, click, click ............. Try it. Bang - too right, click left. Bang - now too far left, click right. Bang - now too far right again, click left. Bang - now too far left ...... stunned

Perfect.

Let's shoot. Draw a target. And, the front bags sagged left with the first shot. Nutz. But, next two were the same hole.

I'll get feeling stronger. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!! ....... cough

Just a minor post for tonite.

Gary
December 13, 2015 12:45AM
Gary
Keep plugging away . LOTZA fluids always helps but those things take awhile to get over .
Nice shooting too. I always love your targets and little sketches . Is that the # 4 or # 5 Outrider ? Just thinkin out loud ..... Who makes that many custom from scratch guns in a short time frame . You'll take off as soon as your good and ready . Alittle coasting till you get up a head of steam is expected .

Thanks
Kurt
December 14, 2015 03:17PM
Thank you Kurt,

I appreciate the encouragement. Sorry I didn't answer sooner. We did the family trip yesterday. Nice day, but I was behind the curve all day. Nap in the afternoon. Nap when we got home. Early to bed. Just slow to get the energy back. Feel like saying "sorry".

There's 5 Outriders almost done. Sal's 25 is in its stock and shooting. I have to finish it up. That's #5. Because Sal asked me after I'd already built the orig. five 50s parts, I made him 25 parts and finished the other action as #6 in 50 cal. So; 5 - 50 cal, 1 - 25 cal. #6 will be finished up as a special project rifle. It's not yet sold.

It's good to talk to you. Hope you are getting some evening "Warm Chair Time" up there. Watch that ice.

Gary
December 13, 2015 02:21AM
Gary,
I know the feeling and am still there myself. It's a rough grind! Hang in there.
On a more positive note I received my first two cuffs today. I am loving them. Wow, what a difference between the weight of the aluminum one and the copper one! I will be proud to wear them both, thank you very much!
Later,
Jeff
December 14, 2015 03:58PM
Thank you Jeff!

Glad you like them both. Did you buy the 1/8" Copper one? Yes, takes a real man to wear that. You can deflect Bowie Knives with that. I decided to standardize at 3/32" copper. Seems good. I hope others will comment when they get theirs.

Ok. Time to do Loft Math.

Best,
Gary
December 15, 2015 02:44AM
Yep Gary,
I did, and I'm counting reps with it. Won't have to go in the weight room until the left arm looks silly small laughing again. There is a big difference between wearing it and the aluminum one. I think the 3/32 is a good compromise! I'm hoping the copper one will help with the arthritis stiffness like the old wives tale said.
We'll see.
Thanks much,
Jeff
December 15, 2015 04:23AM
Hey Jeff,

I realize it is heavy. I had no idea what typical copper cuffs for manly men were, regarding dimensions. You know I'd never let you feel "stuck" with it. If you feel it won't serve you, I will be happy to replace it with a 3/32" cuff. I don't want you to avoid it. Don't give it a second thought.

thumbs up

Gary
December 15, 2015 12:45PM
Oh no, no, no, no Gary! It's mines an I'm keeping it!!!
In fact I like it - a lot! You ain't gettin it back bowing -- Far East.
Thanks anyway,
Jeff
December 15, 2015 02:44PM
Nutz!!!!

Another 100 mpg carburetor escapes the lab .... and we can't get it back!!!! Sloppy work Elves!!!! We must tighten up or EVERYBODY will have one!!

why me
December 15, 2015 08:09PM
Amen!
December 21, 2015 03:12AM
You should see if a troll will live in the shooting shack and sight in those scopes in exchange for a little cat food! Nice shooting!
December 21, 2015 04:46PM
Nice shootin Tex...thumbs up

Ever noticed that most all of your "bad bird" type targets seem to be smokers? You trying to tell us something or you just watch too many Westerns as a kid where all the bad guys had a stogie?Pipe smoker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021