Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Barrel shooter with bench rifle

Barrel shooter with bench rifle
April 13, 2016 11:28PM
image.jpeg

Barrel complete for a Ledger position. Details in a couple weeks.

Gary
April 14, 2016 01:07AM
Cool pic. smileys with beer
April 14, 2016 02:16AM
Hi Jim,

That's the Plasma Charge building up .....

Haha.

Hard to catch and shouldn't be standing there!!!! excited

Gary
April 14, 2016 02:56AM
Rifling never ceases to amaze me. Nice picture, hard to get a good pic at times with barrels. I guess when the time comes we will find out what caliber it is. My guess around 45 or 50?

Pedro
April 14, 2016 02:33PM
Happens to be a 308 Pedro! Hah! We are in a foot race! Must be a good caliber. thumbs up

Gary
April 14, 2016 02:46PM
Something happened to a block of tooling I use on 308 barrels. Darned frustrating! I've searched everywhere. I finally had to remake the group of tools. On some projects where you really want to move along or especially get it done, it will be stunning the number of things that will delay you.

I sometimes sell one of my molds or one of my sizing die sets ..... Duh ...... then I have to remake it!!!! That was only part of the issue this time. I cannot imagine how a wooded block of small tooling would escape. But - it sure did. The ships are tight and poorly organized because I had to get to work before set up was complete. Some shops are not even started in set up (like the bluing shop). And, things like overhead air lines don't exist (where I had all that stuff installed in Md.). I'll get it but what a challenge it's been to work with everything crowded, air lines on the floor, items hiding in mystery locations. why me

Hah!

Gary
April 14, 2016 05:39PM
Don't worry, it'll turn up. Probably just a few days after you spend way too much time fabricating new tools. sad smiley

I think there must be an alternate dimension where tools disappear, right now it seems to contain all my tape rules except the one with a notch in the blade that hangs up retracting. Oh, and all those little 99-cent rolls of teflon plumbing tape that I needed yesterday of which I'm SURE I have at least a dozen, and every #25 star drive bit I own, which I could really use right now. I KNOW they'll all turn up, right after I've purchased yet another replacement.More sad
April 14, 2016 07:28PM
Hey Sean ....

I just found a whole pile of T-25 bits in the middle of my bench workspace! A pain. They've been popping up all morning. I have a whole tuna tin of them now! .....
April 15, 2016 05:02AM
Gary,
Nice work on the barrel! You ain't working if things are clean and organized.....haha, seems like every time I clean up my work area, it's only a couple days later and it looks like there was an earthquake! And I can't blame the stamping shop next to us.. When they fire up the big stamping presses it shakes the entire building! But what really drives me crazy, is when you drop a small part/nut/bolt etc...and it just disappears like it never existed...then of course you find it when its too late, ohh well.......

Rifleing looks good! Nice work!

Matt
April 15, 2016 03:48PM
Hi Matt,

I always swear there is a wormhole under my bench. It goes to the shop of some guy in another dimension. I've dropped many things that just never show up again. I've moved from shops, swept the floors clean, and still never found the parts. I suspect they're in a small tuna tin in another dimension. Some craftsman there finds them laying on his bench. He doesn't recognize them. Tossed them in the tin.

Haha.

Gary
April 16, 2016 06:10PM
Or in your washing machine drain sump, having migrated there after bouncing unnoticed into your shirt pocket where you carried it around all day without knowing.
Anonymous User
April 23, 2016 04:15PM
Functional art work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021